stainless steel basin
stainless steel basin
Mist Free Mirror, Fog Free Mirror
Sell Mist Free Mirror, Fog Free Mirror
The main frontage and its gilded wrought-iron gates from Jean Lamour.
The castle of Failloux was built in the 18th century. It is located on the commune of Jeuxey in the Vosges departement, northeastern France, a few kilometers of the historical center of 闁渋nal.
The castle of Failloux takes its name from the hamlet where it is, Grande Failloux. Etymologically, the term Failloux would come by the fact that wood which surround the property are leafy trees, not very widespread in an area where the coniferous trees dominate. Although being administratively on the commune of Jeuxey, the site of Failloux is very isolated from the village and is located closer to 闁渋nal. The castle of Failloux has its two pavilions connected ones to the others by series of spades and an ornamented grid signed by the workshops Jean Lamour, realizers of the grids of the Place Stanislas of Nancy.
2 The design features of the Castle of Failloux
2.1 The castle
2.2 Court of the castle
2.3 The roof
2.4 The gates
2.5 The park
2.6 The orangery
3 Failloux through the ages
3.1 Reminder of the historical context
3.2 The construction of the castle
3.3 The Collinet de la Salle family
3.4 The Franco-Prussian War in Failloux
3.5 Failloux in the XXth century
5 External links
Five centuries of history dominate the site of Failloux. The first reference of the site in the archives goes back to 1445. The historians who studyied on the date of construction of the castle could not succeed in identifying it with certainty. Nevertheless, a document makes it possible to affirm that the castle existed in 1736. The letters of the Duke of Lorraine, Francis III, dated July 3, 1736 setting it up fief of Failloux, indicate among the properties of Mr Masson; 鎼昲ere is a manor house. Fran?ois-L闁沺old Masson thus became first lord of Failloux, and the History could start.
The design features of the Castle of Failloux
This 鎼坅nor house corresponds to the criteria of the castles such as we defined them in the XVIII century, since this residence includes two pavilions, a bell-tower, a park, and dependences. It is thus advisable to speak about the castle of Failloux, as he will be commonly called in various accounts.
The 26 windows of the principal frontage
The castle is a narrow building, for 24 meters length, it is only 6,50 meters wide for approximately a 8,50 meters height, representing three stages and an attic. Three arched cellars a low height, support the unit. The castle counted at the time of its construction 21 rooms of which one was used to be devoted to a reduced version of real tennis. Some time around 1772, the back of the castle was widened for probable reasons of convenience. Two chimneys 鎾� la royale (with a large mirror above) decorate a living room and a room. In the latter, it is advisable to specify that the plate located at the bottom of the chimney is decorated with a capped blazon of a royal crown and flowers with lily. The main staircase serving the stages is made of spans of only one block on which the 21 steps are relatively low and wide, which lets suppose that one could borrow them with a horse. The iron banister comes from the same workshops as the grids of the entry.
Court of the castle
One of the two pavilions which are located on both sides of the grid of entry. In this one, there is a baker's oven and a smokehouse for pigs.
The court is in form of quadrilateral of 24m on 24m. In the angles, close to the entry, two houses on two levels, the roofs with four covered slate sides are built. That of right-hand side contains on the floor it pigeon house still intact, at the ground floor, one finds there a chimney preserved well, prolonged on the farmyard, it sheltered one baker's oven. Between these two houses, a wall supports a succession of surmounted cylindrical bars of points of spade. Two stone pillars finished by a ballot box, give support to the grids of the door of entry. A stone alley leads to the castle. On its line, a fountain: water comes out a head of a watery god; geometrical ironwork of style like ornament. The whole is overcome by a large urn.
The bell dated from the 17th century and engraved 鎻揺su Maria located at the top of the roof.
The roof with croups with four sides is covered with slates, and is dominated by a steeple of a bell gone back to 1625, and engraved 鎻揺sus Maria. At the top of this steeple, we distinguishe a crescent. It is probable that this symbol is imported from Othoman culture very popular in the 18th century.
The gilded wrought iron gates of the Castle, realized by the workshops Jean Lamour, 1st half of the 18th century.
The gate...(and so on)
glass shower panel
Model Number: 8089 Brand Name: Vogueshower Terms of Payment: L/C,T/T Supply Ability:..
You can also see some feature products :ionic facial steam mono type strainer china cap strainer wall glass cabinet stone bathoom sink simple bath vanity corian bath vanity old people bathtub wooden wash basins toilet sink urinal hydro shower steam knock down cabinet marble garden ware stone counter sink pant style flapper ceramic wash sinks small kitchen sink sinks granite sink china shower cabinet china pedestal basin health benefit sauna